Senior Infrastructure Engineer
This role is designed to assist in providing effective and efficient technology solutions to meet the needs of the organization as determined by the IT Director. It is a hands-on role with a focus on ensuring that all aspects of the physical and virtual IT infrastructure are operating in a highly efficient and effective manner in order to provide timely and secure access to critical systems and data. The Infrastructure Technician reports to the IT Director.
The responsibilities of the Sr. Infrastructure Engineer include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Install, maintain, upgrade, and continuously improve the organization’s operating environment.
- Maintain the ongoing reliability, performance and support of the infrastructure. This includes monitoring operating environments, responding to incidents, and planning for growth, and ensure best practices are in effect.
- Operation and maintenance of the onsite data center as hosted solutions and virtual co-location facilities.
- Interact with vendors independently to work collaboratively on projects or to resolve system issues.
- Ensure that storage, archive, backup and recovery procedures are functioning correctly.
- Must possess a strong working knowledge of LAN and WAN network solutions/devices, Next-gen firewalls/IPS, Active Directory components, VMware virtualization solutions, enterprise SAN/NAS technology.
- Network Administration including performance tuning, designing enterprise wired and wireless solutions, troubleshooting advanced network problems, and escalating problems when appropriate.
- Assist with setup and staging of relevant equipment as needed.
- Systems Administration to ensure basic information technology security principles are adhered to across the organization. Oversight of patching workstations, servers, and other infrastructure components.
- Prevent and/or remedy any security network incidents, unauthorized activities, malware infestations and potential security vulnerabilities.
- Serve as an escalation path on the Service Desk as needed for higher tier issues as they become identified.
- Identify and participate in projects to improve the environment on an ongoing basis.
- Provide recommendations where appropriate to IT Director and CIO on infrastructure improvement opportunities.
- Assist in creating and maintaining relevant documentation related to the network and surround architecture.
- Off hour on call support as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; degree in the field of computer science desirable.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the areas of IP network core and advanced concepts, virtual and physical servers and storage systems.
- Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Works well with others or independently depending on the required activities.
Problem Solving: Problem solving skills for capacity planning, storage, data access, security and performance issues.
Accountability: Accepts responsibility and consequences for work performance and conduct. Sets priorities, overcomes obstacles and uses organizational skills to get things done in a timely manner.
Flexibility/Adaptability: Ability to make adjustments, while maintaining effectiveness, during major changes in assignments, tasks or the environment.
Planning/Prioritizing: Takes advantage of available resources and establishes courses of action to ensure work is completed in a timely and efficient manner.
Technologies: Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Office 365 (Core), Windows Server 2008+, Windows Terminal Server 2008+, VMware vSphere, EMC Storage, Cisco UCS, Cisco and Juniper network appliancesOS, Veeam Backup and Recovery, Symantec Endpoint Protection, Hosted and Cloud solutions, LANWAN Topologies ENSEDIMPLSVPN, VoIP Telephony Solutions, Next Generation Firewalls